ELECTRIC SOUND BASEMENT

New Music of The Blogosphere and Beyond

Tuesdays at 5PM - 6PM ET on www.ciut.fm. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, June 27, 2005

BLUE SKIES, GREEN EYES








My band FUN! (this link is as old as time itself)will be playing our absolutely last gig at the 32nd annual Blue Skies Music Festival in Clarendon, Ontario, and judging by this site, it will be a freakish experience. I'm not sure where we, as a progressive electric disco-funk-punk band fit in. We lost all claim to our "folk" roots ever since Tony's fiddle seemed to have vanished into the Kingston night, so I have a feeling we'll be looked atdifferently than other artists. It will not be a typical set for us, as we've been slated to play as the backing band for a yoga massage therapy workshop. We've been given a list of movements to play in certain styles and progressions, but as far as music goes, it will be largely improvised and, considering our penchant for playing art-noise from time to time, quite out there. I imagine it will be akin to Spinal Tap playing the puppet show.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In any case, I have yet to find out who will be playing Blue Skies this summer, but I can guess that most of them I'll have never heard of before, which is all the more fine by me. Camping passes have sold out, according to the OCFF, but we're getting in for free for the whole weekend, so if you want to "join the band" for our last outing, bring something that makes a sound and you're in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home