ELECTRIC SOUND BASEMENT

New Music of The Blogosphere and Beyond

Tuesdays at 5PM - 6PM ET on www.ciut.fm. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Today on the show, Diana aka Monkestra drops in to tell us about the upcoming Dirty Disco night at The Social. She's brought Vitaminsforyou along and he's got a couple of exclusive new trakcs for us



DIRTY DISCO

THURSDAY 20th of DEC.

@ THE SOCIAL

Doors $5

First time in TORONTO!
One night, four hot DJs playing a collaboration of different sounds following the transition of Disco from it's early roots to the contemporary sound.

Featuring DJs:

VITAMINSFORYOU

DOUGIE BOOM (Dmoney)

EGYPTRIXX (Creamteam, WIDE records UK, Curbcrawlers)

MONKESTRA

**+++Classic Disco, Disco Funk, Japanese Disco, Disco Soul, Hip-Hop Disco, Rock- Disco, ITALO-Disco, House, Electro ++++ **

Since it's the time for giving: Proceeds from the event will be given to Sick Kids.
Happy Holidays

FACEBOOK EVENT HERE

*******
Also, I'll be DJing a gallery opening this Saturday. It's a new spot in the Annex that's already on the radar and it hasn't even opened yet. I'm not sure how my bumpin' tracks fit into this night of high art, but I promise it'll be craziness.

Keep Six Contemporary Gallery Opening

Saturday, Dec 15th

w/ live performances from 9-11

938 Bathurst St, north of Bloor

Private view: 6-9 pm

Reception: 9pm-1am (this is a free event)

Artists:
Fiona Smyth, Julie Moon, Seth Scriver, Marc Bell, Shoichi Aoki, Kurt Swinghammer

Music and Performences:
10:00-10:20 Millie Croche
10:30-10:50 Ulysses Castellanos
11:00-11:10 Sook Yin Lee
11:30-1:00 Guy Stevos DJ Set

My friend/girl-I-once-dated-years-ago named Cait made a paitning/collage of me, which I personally think looks awesome.



It's even better than the one she made of me on the radio back when she had the HUGEST crush on me. I think she still does, what do you think?

ESB PODCAST 12/11/07

GIORGIO MORODER - I Wanna Rock You
VITAMINSFORYOU - B4U
VITAMINSFORYOU - Flesh Python
VITAMINSFORYOU - One Night Stand (Stop Die Resuscitate Remix)
RODION - Atala Ride
RODION - Luna Dark
GLASS CANDY - Life After Sundown
ROCKLAND - Black Sun
GIORGIO MORODER - From Here To Eternity
EGYPTRIXX - Frequency
CABARET VOLTAIRE - Sensoria (Bloody Beetroots vs Sir Billy Remix)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Miller said...

I thought the last Girogio Moroder track was From here to eternity...

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home