ELECTRIC SOUND BASEMENT

New Music of The Blogosphere and Beyond

Tuesdays at 5PM - 6PM ET on www.ciut.fm. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, July 13, 2007

We dropped a sweet, two day broadcast of Afrofest last weekend, as we do per annum. The highlight for me this year was Source ft. Abdoulaye Diabate. I got to sit in the van and monitor our feed from the dashboard stereo. I thought maybe some guy was just screaming into the mic while the flute solo took off, but ti turns out, no, it's the floutist voclazing into the instrument. I nearly lost all my shit:



Kids were all over the stage this year, too.



Source are from Quebec, and Abdoulaye comes from the Mande Griot tradition in Cameroon. The two parties convened in New York and now they're rockin' continents.

You rock, Afrofest.



The new SMD vid looks a lot like my trip to Transylvania.

ESB PLAYLIST 7/10/07

ARCHITECTURE IN HELKSINKI - Debbie
DATAROCK - I Used to Dance With My Daddy (Para One Remix)
PARA ONE - Club Hoppin' (Small Soul Edit)
JUSTICE = Phanton Pt. II
LET PETITS PILOUS - Jolie Fille (Bloody Beetroots Remix)
TIGA - You Gonna Want Me (Van She Tech Remix)
FEIST - My Moon My Man (Damage On the Backseat Remix)
CADENCE WEAPON - Black Hand (Creature Remix)
BASSNECTAR ft. Persia - Bomb the Blocks (Ghislain Poirier Remix)
JADAKISS - Kiss of Death (Beirut Remix)
CARIBOU - After Hours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home